My bus pass did not come. What do I do?
If you have recently moved, see the response to the next question. If you have not moved, we offer a website to find School and Bus Stop information by typing your street address.
I moved! What do I do?
If you have recently moved, you must come to Central Registration at 65 Chapel St. in
Garnerville, NY 10923. You must bring a photo ID and proof of residency by bringing-in a
copy of your lease or mortgage statement, or a recent utility bill. For further questions call (845)942-3494 or (845) 942-3417. Click for Registration packet information.
I don’t like my bus stop. What do I do?
For an explanation of how Stop locations are selected, click HERE.
If you wish to request a stop change, you may do so in writing or email. Stop changes typically occur AFTER the first two weeks of school. Please be patient with us. The email address is: email@example.com
The mailing address is:
Haverstraw - Stony Point CSD
65 Chapel St.
Garnerville, NY 10923
I lost an item on the bus. What do I do?
Haverstraw Transit provides most of the busing for North Rockland Schools. Their phone number is (845) 429-3407 and their hours of operation are Monday-Friday 6:30am-6pm.
I don’t know what school my child will attend. What do I do?
You may contact Central Registration by calling (845)942-3494 or (845)942-3417 or visit the registration office at: 65 Chapel St., Garnerville, NY 10923.
Where is my child’s school?
Follow this link for a complete list of schools and addresses:
The voicemail box is full. What do I do?
Due to heavy phone call volume in the beginning of the year, our message box may be full from time to time. We are working as fast as we can.....
Email us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX us at (845) 942-3041. Our office hours are 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
I have a concern about the driver or bus. What do I do?
Please contact the Transportation Department at (845) 942-3050. Our hours of operation are 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.
I have a concern about the behavior of another student(s) on my child’s bus. What do I
Please contact the Transportation Department at (845) 942-3050. Our hours of operation are 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Or, you may contact your School Principal. Click here for school information:
My bus pass does not list a drop-off time. When will my child get home?
Drop off times are not shown on bus passes as there is no way to predict how long each school’s dismissal process may take. Please know your schools time of dismissal. Normally, students are home within 20 to 35 minutes after their school’s dismissal time.
Will I have a house stop?
We strive to find safe corner stop locations that serve nearby neighborhood families. You most likely will not have a house stop. The School District allows for a half mile walk limit from home to and from school or from home to and from the bus stop. Please be advised that parents are responsible to supervise students at the bus stop.
What is the mileage limit that we will bus to out-of-district private schools?
- Pupils who reside in the school district will be transported to a private or parochial school, provided they meet the existing transportation requirements and providing that the parent or guardian or authorized representative of said child submits a written request to the Board of Education not later than the first day of April preceding the beginning of the next school year.
However, if a request to a non-public school is received after April 1, provisional transportation will be granted, but only under the following conditions:
- A bus route serving the school already exists.
- There is sufficient space on the bus, according to district seating capacity policies.
- Such requests are made in writing. (Consideration will be given in order of receipt as indicated by the office receiving stamp. If vacancies occur during the school year, the requests stamped the earliest will be considered first.)
- It does not cost the school district additional funds.
- Pupils who establish residence in the district after April 1, including those that establish a new residence within the district, will be transported to a private or parochial school, provided they meet the existing transportation mileage requirements and providing that the parent or guardian or authorized representative of said child submits a written request within 30 days after establishing said residence.
- Central pick-up points are provided for students who reside more than fifteen (15) miles from school and who are eligible for transportation but they must provide their own transportation to these points.
The Central pick-up points are:
North Rockland High School
Farley Middle School
Haverstraw Middle School
Stony Point Elementary School
It’s snowing. Is school closed, opening late or closing early?
If school is closed or delayed due to weather or some other emergency, you should receive an automated call. Contact your school (when they’re open) to update your phone number. In the meantime, check the district website by clicking http://www.northrockland.org/nr-schools. This list of TV and radio stations offers a list of school closings and delays:
- WRCR 1300 AM
- WFAS 1230 AM / 103.9 FM
- WVOX 1460 AM
- WHUD 1400 AM / 100.7 FM
- WRCR 1700 AM
FIOS 1 News